#outer-wrapper {display:table;} #header-wrapper {display:table;} #cell {display:table-cell; vertical-align:middle;}

September 21, 2009

Lord Krishna Theme cake

Lord Krishna is a diety worshipped across many traditions in Hinduism. He is well known for his mischievous acts during his childhood days.


This unique theme cake was made for the birthday of a baby girl. The main aim of the design was to reproduce the environment & things related to Krishna's stories. The design flows into the village scene with mountains on the background & festive looking houses with lots of greenary around. Krishna is often known for stealing/eating butter. So the Krishna topper is created with some butter pots. To match the whole theme the birthday message is also written on a peacock studded floral plaque.

All the decorations are edible made of sugar fondant.

Top view of the cake

Handmolded Fondant Krishna topper & the reference figurine (on left)

15 comments:

George Anto said...

Nice cakes, akka. Keep the good work goin'...:)

S said...

hi Anitha
Very nice cake indeed. I have been to your site a few times now and all the cakes you made are really wonderful.
Just a quick question - what kind/brand of fondant do you use? I have used Wilton brand but it has a lot to be desired in terms of taste. I am searching for a fondant that tastes good for a cake I am making for my son's birthday. Thanks much!

Bhavna said...

Wow! What a lovely cake!

Bhavna said...

Hello Anitha,

Thanks for the visit and comment.

I visited your site today, what beautiful pieces of creativity! I am totally amazed.

Please enter yourself into 'whimsical cakes' of Woman's Day, if you haven't already. You have a great shot at it.

Good luck and please visit again,
Bhavna

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi anitha
I loved the theme cake and your detailed meticulous projections.Very beautiful and it has that aesthetic appeal.

Anitha said...

Thanks S, Bhavna & Anamika for the comments.

Vrinda said...

Never seen cakes based on this theme,gr8 job,nic colors...

Anitha said...

Vrinda:Welcome to my blog!! Thanks for stopping by...

JudeCreations said...

Hi Anita,
Lovely cake. A very indian design indeed.

Unknown said...

OMG,this is such a wonderful cake.........U rock Anitha

Unknown said...

hi@@@@@ Anitha,
really a gr8 job done by you to make such a amazing cake based on krishanji theme...
indeed a lovely cake,n create a amusing feeling for our cute n Naughty Krishan jiiiiii..

Anjaan said...

Awesome ones Anitha, I wish you were in India

vidya said...

Very very nice cake my daughter loves Krishna and his stories so I wanted to make a cake of that theme for her Bday and tried to google for ideas. Loved your cake. Great work.

N Patel said...

wonderful baby Krishna cake Anitha.
I wish you were located in NJ, my daughter's birthday is coming on the day of Janmashthami this year. and we are wishing to get her birthday cake something similar :)

Madappalli said...

I visited your site today, what a creativity! I am totally amazed.
Keep the good work going.
Can you give me a good eggless cake recipe.
Thanks
Sadhana Padmanabhan